How To

This page links to a variety of articles across the web explaining how to accomplish common tasks related to personal administration. Some common questions can be found on NPC's How Do I page. Use the search bar at the top of the page to find specific items.

Update Your Global Address Information

Updating and Correcting DEERS Data

Find a Recruiter

Use CAC on a Mac

Read Your LES

Get Started Using the GI Bill

Use Tuition Assistance

Convert from Reserves to Active Duty (RC to AC)

Convert from Active Duty to Reserves (AC to RC)

Contact a Service Member in an Emergency

Volunteer for a Mobilization

Get Survivor Benefits

Make Changes to Your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF)

Reschedule Drills in EDM

Plan Your Move

Get a Tourist Passport

Secure Passports and Visa Before Overseas PCS

Use a VA Home Loan

Register on the VA Burn Pit Registry

Access Your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)

Request a Copy of Your Military Records

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs

Contact the Navy Inspector General or Local IG

Get Vocational Rehab & Employment Benefits

TriCare Life Events

Military Changes

  • Activating
  • Deactivating
  • Deploying
  • Injured on Active Duty
  • Moving
  • Separating from Active Duty
  • Retiring​

Family Changes

  • Getting Married
  • Getting Divorced
  • Having a Baby or Adopting
  • Children go to College
  • Children Become Adults
  • Becoming Medicare-Eligible
  • Death in Family